Custom Payment Processor Provider

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:13

Custom Payment Processor Provider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2013 00:00

Hey,

I'm new with ASP.net and I'm having a bit of trouble installing a new payment processor provider into Sitefinity 6.1.

I've followed this guide to writing the classes and code:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/sitefinity-essentials/modules/ecommerce/payment-methods/payment-processors/creating-payment-processor-providers

When I am inside Sitefinity trying to add a new payment provider I get this error:
The following required properties are not set: settingstype, viewprovidertype, type

I am trying to submit values that look like this:
SitefinityWebApp.TdMerchantProcessor.TdMerchantSetting

Could it be that the build is failing? When I try to build the files I get this error:
Error 5 'SitefinityWebApp.TdMerchantProcessor.TdMerchantSettingsField.TitleControl': cannot change access modifiers when overriding 'protected' inherited member 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.FieldControl.TitleControl' C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.1\Projects\testsite\TdMerchantProcessor\TdMerchantSettingsField.cs 17 48 SitefinityWebApp

All of my classes are more-or-less copies from the tutorials.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Justin,

This seems related to the compile time error, yes. Can you attach your class so that we can take a quick look at what may be causing this. 
Just at a first glance, can you make sure you are using the following notation when declaring the TitleControl:

protected internal override WebControl TitleControl

Taking a closer look at the code will probably allow me to be more specific in this, but I believe it is the protected modifier that is missing there. C# sets properties as private by default if you skip a modifier and you generally cannot change the modifier. Make sure that this is set correctly to protected based on the documentation(try deleting it at typing override in VS - then will automatically suggest TitleControl and make sure everything is correct with the access modifiers). 

If this compiles successfully Sitefinity will be able to display the new processor, but it seems that right now it is not resolving the type correctly.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Svetla
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2013 00:00

Hey Sevleta,

Thanks for your reply, it seems to have solved my issue. It was for sure the compile error causing all of this.

This thread is closed