Events Registration Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:45

Events Registration Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2013 00:00

Is the events registration widget comaptible with 6.x

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Mike,

I can confirm that Events Registration widget is compatible with 6.x version of Sitefinity. For versions 6.0.4100, 6.1.4300 and 6.1.4600 you can use directly the EventsRegistration.dll located in the Builds folder.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

Kaloyan,

I just download a copy of the registration widget and loaded it on one of my Sitefinity web sites.  I am having one issue with this widget.

If you use this widget on an SSL connection it breaks.  When the service queries for the forms and eCommerce items it fails to load because non secure content is loading on an HTTPS web site.  Essentially the REST services need to call over HTTPS.

I may end up downloading the source code my self and work through the issues just to get around this issue for now, unless you have any great ideas.  Thanks.

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

ALL,

I found the issue with the web services call.  Inside the FormsControlCustom.cs file the property labeled "Host" uses the following code.

/// <summary>
/// Gets the host component of the Url.
/// </summary>
public string Host
    get

Uri uri = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url;
        return "http://" + uri.Host + ":" + uri.Port;

I have updated my copy of the source code to do the following.

/// <summary>
/// Gets the host component of the Url.
/// </summary>
public string Host
    get

Uri uri = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url;
        return uri.Scheme + "://" + uri.Host + ":" + uri.Port;

Hope this helps anyone else who is also having this same issue.  

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Just wondering why the Events Registration Widget is not part of Sitefinity 6.3 out of the box?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

@Telerik

Any feedback on this question?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

Events Registration Widget in not part of Sitefinity, because it is developed by our solutions engineers. This is the reason why it is offered only in the marketplace.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Kaloyan

That's exactely the reason why I am asking. If it would have been developped by any 3rd party I would not have asked, but since it was developped in house I thought it could make sense to include it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

I can agree that this widget is developed by Telerik employees, but they are not part from the Sitefinity development team. I will forward your feedback to our dev team and I hope that this kind of functionality will be included in one of our future releases. 

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2014 00:00

Tried this with a 6.2X version and got an error. How do I go about getting this to work with 6.2?

Error:
[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=6.1.4600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
EventsRegistration.Public.Helpers.WidgetInstaller.PreApplicationStart() +0

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method PreApplicationStart on type EventsRegistration.Public.Helpers.WidgetInstaller threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=6.1.4600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection`1 methods, Func`1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +12881803
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +12881512
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath) +240
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +152
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +1151

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method PreApplicationStart on type EventsRegistration.Public.Helpers.WidgetInstaller threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=6.1.4600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12880948
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12722137

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Bryan,

That is because you are trying to run the two projects (Sitefinity and EventsRegistration) with non-matching versions. In your case, the Sitefinity website is on 6.2.4910, while the EventsRegistration widget is build against Sitefinity, version 6.1.4600.

The error message basically says, "I, the EventsRegistration widget, am looking for Sitefinity version 6.1.4600, but I cannot find it". In this case, you have 2 suitable options:

1. Go to the marketplace again and download the EventsRegistration widget one more time (link here). I have created a build that is on the same version as yours, so it will work now. Just use the one in the Builds folder with the 6.2.4910 name of it. That is the easiest way.
  2. Download the source code of the EventsRegistration widget and just build it against your version of Sitefinity as described on the page here (link here). That option is the perfect one if you have a plan to customize the widget and add additional logic to better tailor the widget around your needs.

I hope this helps. Please let us know on how it goes.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed