Suggestion: Discounts per ProductType or Product(s)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:24

Suggestion: Discounts per ProductType or Product(s)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi support,

I need to know if it is possible to apply a discount to a group of products or specific ProductTypes.
I have some criteria that only should apply to a specific ProductType and not to the more general products.

It can't be done in the default UI, but maybe through some hook?
Otherwise, consider this as a feature request...

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Currently the discount could be restricted only by date, customer related restrictions, coupon code and minimum/maximum subtotal.

We are considering this as a feature request and it will be done in some of our future releases.

There is no way to plug into this functionality even if you create some custom fields on the discounts and use relations to the products or product types the class which is responsible for applying the discounts is not inside IoC container and none of his methods is virtual so it is not easy replaceable(possible only via some CLR Injection).

I will log the following feature requests in our system:

- make the DiscountCalculator more easy replaceable by making the  method CalculateAndApplyOrderDiscounts virtual. 
- put it in Unity IoC with some IDiscountCalculator interface so it is even easier replacable without the need to also replace  the EcommerceOrderCalculator which is using the DiscountCalculator.

Hopefully for the next version it will be possible to re-implement the DiscountCalculator method apply your logic there which takes all discounts and then based on a custom field or external data finds the applicable discounts and reduces the order total based on them.

Regards,
Nayden Gochev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Nayden,

Thanks for the follow up.
I understand that it is hard to achieve the functionality at this time.

I am able to delete the discounts for specific product types using the PreProcessing hooks.
That will work for now. The only this is that it is not nice to see a discount in your shoppingcart and checkout pages first and then see the final invoice without the discounts.

I hope they can make the DiscountCalculator class Virtual for the next release. That doesn't seem like a big impact on the code, but it gives me way more flexibility.

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Yes I will do my best the DiscountCalculator methods to become virtual for Sitefinity 6.2 and the whole class implementation to be replaceable so everyone can implement its own logic about applying discounts.

Regards,
Nayden Gochev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2014 00:00

I am very interested in know if we can now do individual Discounts per Product, particularly I need to do two things. 

First, I need to apply a discount - triggered by a coupon code, and have it apply to a product - such that if they add a product to the cart it may be discounted with a coupon code or even free.

Next, as a co-worker of mine asked years ago about pricing per role, we are still very interested in this out of the box.

www.sitefinity.com/.../price-discount-per-role 

We do have custom code in place to make it happen but would much rather have it out of the box. What is the status of custom pricing-per-role?

Best regards,

Rick

This thread is closed