Too much MSAjax

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:32

Too much MSAjax

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2013 00:00

I'm flabbergasted at how many of the eComm controls are bloated with msajax update panels...like EVERY control it seems.

Are you guys working to remove them from the embedded templates?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2013 00:00

Annoying example being the add to cart widget.  If you choose to not show the button if the project is out of stock, the UPDATE PANEL still renders leaving a deliciously ugly empty element padding gap :/

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

There is a plan for complete rewrite on the product details view and controls on it all of them to use rest services and mostly JQuery without any update panels and postbacks. However I do not know the exact date when this feature will be implemented. Moreover, we will not remove the old controls so the old controls and templates will stay as they are, we will just introduce an alternative product details which is more "modern" and simply better.

We have this in our roadmap however however at this point we have no timeline when this will be implemented.

Regards,
Nayden Gochev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2013 00:00

Fair enough...do you see any issues with my just gutting the update panels from the templates?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi,

You can do that but it will start doing full postbacks. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2013 00:00

...like every other ecomm site on the internet, I'm fine with that, thanks :)

This thread is closed