How To Edit A Customer's Ship or Billing Address on an o

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:58

How To Edit A Customer's Ship or Billing Address on an order?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,
This happens all the time, customer places order,  receives order confirmation, sees they made a typo on address, or provided wrong postal code, or forgot APT number.  We have to edit the order information.  How can we do that?
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

Sitefinity does not support such functionality to edit the order details in the back-end, orders management is not supported on this time.

The option is through code, you can see more detail in Sitefinity Documentation. Some custom control could be created to edit the data you need
or of course directly into database. If do so, do not forget to back up your the database in advance.

I have created a feature request for such functionality in PITS where it could be voted.

Thank you for pointing out the need for such functionality.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2013 00:00

Besides a documentation link, does anyone have a code example of achieving this? If you create a control, then do you create a page that is permission based that the user has to bookmark or know how to get to? I realize anything is possible, I just find it very troubling this kind of functionality is not  in the system.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2013 00:00

I know a few sites are using SF in real-world ecom applications, would be great to hear from them to see what they are doing.  Most small companies don't maintain separate order entry systems in addition to ecom. 

This thread is closed