Authorize.net Integration Using API for Checkout

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:38

Authorize.net Integration Using API for Checkout

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

I’ve built a custom MVC widget to handle the checkout
process – the site accepts donations that can be applied to one of several “programs”
within the organization.

Everything’s working fine although I’m having trouble trying
to determine why certain information isn’t being displayed on the confirmation
email from Authorize.net.  The email
contains all of the order details (customer info, billing, shipping, subtotal,
tax, shipping, total, etc) except the line items (product details). 

Since I’m using the API to handle the checkout, is there
also something custom I have to set on one of the objects (CartOrder,
CartDetail, CheckoutState, other?) to display the product details in the
confirmation email from the processor (Authorize.net)?

�*�\b�D*

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi folks,

I have the same need.  I'd like pass a description or PO Number to Authorize.NET.  Something so the client can delineate what was paid for in the Gateway.  Was there every any guidance on this?  

thanks

John

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi guys,

Have you tried the approach described in our Documentation? Additionally you can try using the steps in this blog post if you want to add a custom field to the template.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Ivan,

The issue is not the confirmation mail from Sitefinity.  It's whether we can pass additional information to Authorize.Net, without re-writing the payment gateway interface.

We need to pass something to x_description in AIM, so it shows up in the transaction.  Our clients need this to help reconcile transactions. Is there any way to do this without creating a customer payment gateway interface?

Here is the top of the receipt (transaction in AIM):

========= SECURITY STATEMENT ==========
It is not recommended that you ship product(s) or otherwise grant services relying solely upon this e-mail receipt.

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : John Purcell (454550)
Date/Time : 7-Jul-2014 16:21:10 PDT

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
Invoice : 6
Description :
Amount : 0.01 (USD)
Payment Method : Visa
Type : Authorization and Capture

============== RESULTS ==============
Response : This transaction has been approved.
Authorization Code : 4WKWXK
Transaction ID : 2215974762
Address Verification : Street Address: Match -- First 5 Digits of Zip: Match

-----------------------------

If we could pass something in the Description or PO Number fields, we would be able to satisfy a basic requirement.

thanks

John

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi all,

I am afraid you will need to re-write the payment provider logic in order for you to add the lines you need to the receipt passed to Authorize.net. Info on how to achieve this can be found in our Documentation. Should you encounter any difficulties, feel free to address them inside a support ticket where our team can investigate them in further depth.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed