Retrieve price from external webservice

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:04

Retrieve price from external webservice

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi

We have a potential client who have a complex pricing module. We know that the CMS is great for the client, but we don't have any experiance with ecommerce.
I belive that building this structure in Sitefinity would take to much time and was wondering if there is any chance to map the GetPrice function to do an external call to a webservice to retrieve the Price?

Also, I'm not finding any good documentation to customize the Product class. I have a structure that I need to implement how the product should be shown and must add this structure and some widget to get this working.

This is kind of crucial if we can deliver Sitefinity or not.
A workaround should be to build a custom module and sidestep ecommerce.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Jan,

What might consider interesting is this open source product importer widget for Sitefinity:
https://github.com/esitefinity  refer to this project (https://github.com/esitefinity/Sitefinity-Ecommerce-Product-Upload).

You can use this project importer to import your products from .csv file or modify it to meet your requirements form web service.
In your case you could call your custom service, which will download the products, then you could upload them to Sitefinity.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2013 00:00

Thanks for answer. I looked at the csv importer. I need to be able to do this by schedule and I think I found a solution for this.

What I don't find is my first question. Is there a way to override the price calculation in Sitefinity ecom? What I would like to do is that when the cart is getting the product, I want to load the price from another datasource. This is because the price is calculated based on unique customer pricelist and that is not supported bu Sitefinity standard.

I don't even know yet if I should extend/override the product or the Cart. Since I don't need to display any prices until the Product is in the Cart maybe there is where I should do my injection.
I also need to populate the cart with another (custom) field and retrieve that when the order is placed and store it on the order.

Is any of this possible, or do I need telerik/sitefinity team to implement such features?

EDIT: These posts is related to this
www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-the-custom-fields-for-the-cartorder-and-order-classes

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-a-custom-order-calculator

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Jan,

In order to achieve the desired result, you will need to extend the EcommercePriceService, implementing the interface IEcommercePriceService and map it. The interface itself implements methods for returning
product prices Sale, Regular, SaleWithVat, RegularWithVat for products added in cart, order or wishlist. I have consulted with our eCommerce developer, who advised to extend this interface in our upcoming 6.3 version (where it is renamed to IProductPriceInformation), because in 6.3 is made a complete code refactoring and everything passes trough this service. So I advise you to wait a bit, because we aim to release 6.3 till the end of this year.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi,

what about the present version? the same interface name?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2015 00:00

up ?

This thread is closed