Fields of product does not support unicode for label

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 04:20

Fields of product does not support unicode for label

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

I put a name for a label in Vietnamese but it does not support because it is stored in database in VARCHAR so can anyone help me how to store it in NVARCHAR? Thanks so much.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2013 00:00

I have changed dbtype of _title field in table sf_meta_fields of databse to NVARCHAR but it always back VARCHAR every changes. Can anyone help me?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

The column data type defined by default in the database can`t be changed, it will always revert back to the original data type. This is because the database in sitefinity is managed by ORM (sitefinity uses OpenAccess ORM) the ORM will always revert the default values of the table type

The DB type of a field can`t be changed, if the case in which this field is used is in a module built with the module builder (Administration->Module builder) add new field to the module in order to change its DB type. If the field which Db type is to be changed is one of the built in fields in sitefinity, this change can`t be done.

Please let me know which field in which module you want to change and if possible I will offer a workaround.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2013 00:00

Thank you Stanislav Velikov.

I just using built in Ecommerce module.       

I add a field in [Product Types/Product fields ] with Type=[ShortText] and Label ="Tiếng Việt". When I add a new product that field displays correctly ("Tiếng Việt") in BackEnd but in FrontEnd it display "Ti?ng Vi?t" because it is stored in database with dbtype=VARCHAR. Please help me resolve this case.

Thank you so much.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

Please help me

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,

To avoid getting the question marks on the name edit the template of the product list widget where the custom field must be shown and enter:

<p>Tiếng Việt</p>
<h3><%# Eval("YourCustomFieldName") %></h3>
This will render the text for the label of the custom field correctly and in the Eval statement
<%# Eval("YourCustomFieldName") %> enter the name of your custom field, this way there will be no dependency to the type of the database column..

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2014 00:00

Thank you so much

This thread is closed