Text field/Form for product

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:34

Text field/Form for product

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2014 00:00

Is there a way to add a text field for a product that will capture information from the buyer? For example, if we were to have t-shirts that can be customized. We would want to know the name to embroider. I would want to put a text box next to the item that they could fill out.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Amanda,

The easiest way to achieve this functionality is to add a custom field to your checkout widget. You can find detailed information on how to implement it in our Documentation. Pay attention to the gift message textbox as I believe it is most relevant to your case.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your response. This would work if I had only one product for an order. However, what I need is a field for each product added.

For example, if there were two tshirts in an order. I would need the filed for the large blue shirt, and one for the small yellow shirt.

In essence, I need the custom field added to the Cart details and order details tables.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Amanda,

The sample is sufficient for you to implement the textfield. In the case of multiple items you will need to add as many textboxes as there are items or item quantity in the checkout so that the users can enter the message they need for every item.

This is the only possible solution that allows us to add this to the complete order, without handling the data across several widgets. Please extend the sample in the documentation to fit your needs. 

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed