Filtering by Custom Classification still not working for Pro

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:07

Filtering by Custom Classification still not working for Products

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2015 00:00

We have been trying to filter the production in our ecommerce section by custom classifications since 5.4. We were hopeful when 6.0 was released, but alas it did not work. 8.0 promised a bug fix, but it is still not working.

1.) I have created a custom classification in the "classifications" section of the site.
2.) I have added the custom classification as a custom field in the product type
3.) I have made sure at least a few products have one of the custom classifications selected
4.) I have created a filter list on the product list page - filtering by department and custom classification - in this case: (Department,Classification:affiliate)

When you test the rendered page, and click on a department in the filter list, it filters just fine, but when you click on a custom classification item nothing happens.

The filtering works for all default fields: Department, Tags, Product Type but we NEED to filter by a few custom classifications like affiliate.

PLEASE help us get this working. It has been a very frustrating item for almost 2 years now.

Thank You

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2015 00:00

Anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi Joseph,

On versions before 8.0 you can try to recreate the custom filed by adding the same name of the field as the classification and a new classification without any spaces or dashes. For example ProductColors.

You can find a short video demonstration how it works.

On version 8.1 it works as expected. So please check the settings as described in the following article:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/filter-products-widget#filter-using-custom-classifications

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2015 00:00

Really thanks for sharing

This thread is closed