Strange order dates

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:06

Strange order dates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2016 00:00

How does the field Order.OrderDate work?

I assumed that this would match the date the order was completed but I have had a few instances where the order date for a completed order is several days earlier than the date that order was was completed.

This happened where a payment was declined initially, although the pending and declined dates are different to the order date. I am using Sitefinity 8.0

e.g.

Placed on:
2/3/2016, 11:47:05 AM
Pending on:
2/8/2016, 1:03:34 PM
Declined on:
2/8/2016, 1:03:34 PM
Declined on:
2/8/2016, 1:11:17 PM
Paid on:
2/9/2016, 9:03:27 AM

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2016 00:00

Hi Ollie,

Please note that when the status of an Order is updated to Paid the statistics are updated and the order appear in the statistics with the date when the order has been placed (not the date when the order is marked with status Paid). 

For example, if you have an order which is placed on February 3 and it is with status Pending, this order will not be included in the order statistics. However if you later mark the order as Paid for example on February 9, this order will appear in the statistics for February 3, when in fact the order has been placed.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2016 00:00

Thanks for your response, Sabrie. I understand what you are saying but you can see on the example I have given that the order placed date and pending date are different (5 days apart). In what situation can that occur?

This thread is closed