CartOrder or Order?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:25

CartOrder or Order?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

I'm just looking at creating orders through code with a view of adding product to a basket (or shopping cart) then checking out to complete the order.

I'm just wondering which data structure to use to effectively create this functionality? What is the difference, should I be creating a CartOrder for the shopping cart stage, then an Order once checking out??

Can anyone give me the pros and cons of using either of the two?

Thanks,

Brett.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2016 00:00

Hello,

Orders are created form CartOrder, refer to this this documentation samples as reference. The general idea is there is a shopping cart which gets populated with products and forms CartOrder which is saved in the DB. The CartOrder is used to create Order upon checkout.

For a complete sample of generating an order from CartOrder refer to this sample repository where Sitefinity team have supplied a widget called one page checkout.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed