License Activation Not Working

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:54

License Activation Not Working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

Working through one of our projects, I tried to access the Sitefinity admin area today and received the license activation screen, not a big deal so I downloaded the license file and selected the license. It confirmed the domain and license type so I clicked continue and nothing happened.

Can I manually copy it somewhere to get this to work? It is rather urgent as it is holding up production of one of our sites.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I figured it out. My solution was checked into TFS so it was in a read only state. Checking the solution out solved the problem.

A warning or error message on the activation screen would have helped in this scenario. Maybe something for the bug list?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi, i have the same problem, no error message appear. Any suggestion?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

If you're still having issues where you upload your license file and are shown the dialog stating it's valid and then it throws you back to the same licensing screen, I fixed my problem by editing the valid License.lic I downloaded in Notepad, copying all the content, and then opening the file located at \App_Data\Sitefinity\Sitefinity.lic and replacing it's content with my clipboard.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Thanks Antony, i solved my problem with your reponse

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Antony.

Where did you get that Licence.lic?

I only have Sitefinity.lic licence key aind I´m having the same issue.
Version sitefinity 4.2.1650.0

Thanks in advanced.

This thread is closed