Just bought 4.0 - trouble with instructions for moving a sit

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:00

Just bought 4.0 - trouble with instructions for moving a site from 3.7 to 4.0 deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi -

I recently purchased Sitefinity 4.0 and am trying to take the 3.7 site (community edition) and deploy it as a 4.0 site. Here's what I've done:

Installed 4.0 on my development PC (3.7 is not installed on my dev PC).
Copied down the 3.7 website files and db from the production server.

Here's where I get lost. This page http://www.sitefinity.com/4.0/documentation/installation-and-administration-guide/upgrading-sitefinity-projects.aspx says I can just upgrade the project, but I can't even open the 3.7 project. All the options in the 4.0 project manager are not active except create a new project.

What additional steps are needed to open the project in the 4.0 project manager and convert it? I tried searching the forums and haven't found anything.

I'd like to then re-deploy the 4.0 site to a new production server.

Harry

Hi Harry,

You have to use the migration tool

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the super fast reply - any chance there are issues with 3.7 community and and the migration tool? I don't have the localization references in my 3.7 site's bin folder.

I was able to correct all of the other references. Any idea where i can get the localization dlls?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Harry,

You can download a trial version of the standard edition from your account and put the Telerik.Localization.dll in your project. Since you do not have translated versions of a content item, this will not break the migration tool and this will not require to modify it.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed