4.x installation problems

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:36

4.x installation problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

I just installed 4.x on a fresh Windows 2008 64-bit server w/ IIS 7 - all updates current.

I run project manager to create a project and when complete, brings up a page:

Problem #1

localhost:13628/.../Startup

All is says is:

Thank you for visiting our web site.
Please return soon for updates.

That's it.

Problem #2

Created a IIS site using the newly created site. I followed the documentation exactly and added the built-in "NETWORK SERVICE" account (asp.net identity) to have permissions on the project folder.

When I browse to the site, I get the dreaded

"Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\<project>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\SecurityConfig.config' is denied."

I've done all steps required to supposed resolve this error, but to no avail.

At this point, neither the built-in server nor IIS is working.

I've previously installed on my Windows 7 desktop and had no issues, so I'm quite perplexed.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

I knew I would figure it out as soon as I posted. The ASP.net identity needs "write" access. That's not documented anywhere that I saw.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Brian,

Ok we will add it to the documentation.  Basically App_Data is used as a data-related content storage and by default you should have write access there. The problem #1 could be result of the dots that you have in the name of your project.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed