Version and Licensing

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:30

Version and Licensing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

We are using our local machine to create Sitefinity website. After completing website we have uploaded that on client's machine. Sitefinity website is configured to use as trial version. We have purchased a license and upgrade existing website with new license but still after some random time interval a page display which says "You are currently using trial version click here to continue". Please let me know what is the problem? i have downloaded license file from my account on sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Divyang,

Please make sure that the license key you have is generated for the domain under which you have hosted the website. Making an internal routing of the host header could also mislead the key.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik Team,

How about localhost? We receive the simular message when we try to use Telerik captcha control on one of our pages. We have our license key installed in the project. We created .aspx page under SitefinityWebApp application, dropped telerik captcha control on this page and started to test it on localhost. After submitting the page few times the message appeared that we are using trial version captcha control on our page. So here is the questions.

1) Is it normal to see this message when we are testing our page on the locahost knowing that we activated our  paid license key for this project?

2) Wll this message disappear after we upload the project on production under registered domain name?

3) Is it ok to use telerik asp.net ajax controls on custom .aspx page which was not created in sitefinity backend but still is the part of SitefinityWebApp application?

Best Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi vitako,

RadControls can be used only in the context of Sitefinity application. All page requests are goes through our PageRouteHandler where we check from where the request comes from. Several weeks ago we implemented external pages support in one of our  internal builds. If you have a static aspx file added to your project you should add this page as external. I attached a screenshot that shows how to do this.
Note that we are going to change this "restriction" for the SP and there will not be a trial message for pages that use RadControls and which are added to Sitefinity application as a static files.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed