Question on upgrade scenario

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:24

Question on upgrade scenario

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2011 00:00

Ok, if I have TWO webapps attached to a solution, could I open the SF Project manager and update ONE of those projects without it causing issues?  The DLLs are referenced locally in the app right...so I would IMAGINE no issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

When you add the new Project Manager and you are going to upgrade a project we read the Projects.xml file and replace the bin folder, Sitefinity folder and the project file. It is better to replace backup your project file, because the project manager will override yours and you could lose some data. Please check the upgrade instructions.

"IMPORTANT: If your project is part of a larger solution where you have custom projects that reference Sitefinity assemblies, check the references to those assemblies in your project and make sure that they are referencing the newer assemblies."

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed