Configuration Error

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:41

Configuration Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi, trying to get a 4.0 project going on my XP SP3 (IIS 5.1).
I made a new virtual directory (test) and linked to the project folder.
When hitting Browse on the Default page i get the following.

Server Error in '/test/Sitefinity' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity 4.0\Projects\IDS_1110_1\web.config line 94)

Source Error:

Line 92: 		<httpModules>
Line 93: 			<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 94: 			<add name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModuleIIS6, Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
Line 95: 			<add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
Line 96: 			<add name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution.Module.DependencyRegistrarHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution"/>

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity 4.0\Projects\IDS_1110_1\web.config    Line: 94

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

Under Windows XP you can use only the Project Manager to open a project. Please take a look at system requirements page.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Ok Ivan,

Looks like one more reason to upgrade.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2011 00:00

Ivan,

I have a new insall of Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2010, Sitefinity 4.2 (small business lic), etc.  Anyway, I have meet the system requirements you listed for Andrei, but I still get the same error. 

So far, the error seems to appear consistently when I open the project in the sitefinity project manager in visual studio, add and register custom user controls as widgets, 'browse' the site via project manager, go back into visual studio to modify the user controls, and browse the site again.  This is when the configuration error appears. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

Check if all dlls are in your bin folder. If you use web application and you have rebuild the project the bin is cleared and the dll is not found.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed