Lost home page and theme

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:47

Lost home page and theme

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

We're developing our web site locally (local SQL Server & local IIS) which we deployed on a server today, it all worked great, however, I was surprised to see that the home page wasn't set anymore (even though all stored pages were there) and the front-end theme wasn't registered neither?!

The way we deployed was as follows:
 - backed-up the local databases,
 - published the ASP.NET web sites on the server,
 - restored the local databases on the server,
 - updated connection strings to point to the new databases.

Any ideas how I could lose those two settings?

Regards,
Carl

Hi Carl,

This is possible if some of the configuration files are not migrated. For instance the homepage id is set inside ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/PagesConfig.config

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ok, thanks Ivan, I get it, some .config files weren't included in project, hence not published on the server, it all makes sense.

Thanks for the quick answer as always,
Carl

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

What about front-end themes ?

I deployed in the server from my local copying all site files. Front-end site and backend sitefinity are running well but I lost my themes. Somehow, when generating pages, Sitefinity is not putting the right link for the css or is not routing to the correct path.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

It was the same: it's configured in the AppearanceConfig.config which also wasn't included in my project and that wasn't shipped on the production server neither.

Carl

This thread is closed