Admin Menu Problems

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:22

Admin Menu Problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Team,

I have been experiencing a weird issue for the last three days. I have a sitefinity website that I originally developed on top of Sitefinity Beta, then upgraded it to Beta2 and now to the official build.

On my development machine everything is working properly. When i deploy the application, i notice that the background of the menu does not show and also i can't see the Search Indexes under Administration ... I have compared the menu to the one i have on my development machine and it's obvious that this is the menu from the RC release or beta2.

When i open the website i can see in the meta data that the this is the standard edition .. 

What could be the problem ?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello George ,

Let's try the following. It seems that the configuration is not updated. To enable the search module - go to ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config file and modify the search module entry as bellow:

<servicesModules>
    <add name="Search" />
</servicesModules>

Then restart the application this should reinstall the search module. Check if Administrations>Search and Indexes option is visible.

To fix the transperant menu:
1. Download the attached file
3. Backup your Project
2. Extract the file in \ProjectName\Sitefinity folder
3. Login to Sitefinity as admin
4. Browse the WebForm1.aspx page (localhost/.../WebForm1.aspx
5.Then restart the application this should fix the menu

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Sonya,

Thank you for getting back to me. The code fixed the transparency issue in the menu ... thanks :)

However, i checked the SystemConfig file and i noticed that the Search service module exists and also the NewsLetter module exists but they are not appearing in the menu although they do on my dev machine.

I tried removing the entries, restarting the application then adding them again and restarting ... didn't work ...

Hi George ,

Please replace the Search service module in your config file with the code I sent you or delete the module version. This will register the Search module and should fix the problem.

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sonya,

Thanks again for your assistance, i removed the version attribute, restarted and it worked ...

Cheers

G

This thread is closed