Changing the Database

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:54

Changing the Database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am about to start creating a web site for my company. I have been using the "community" edition to test out Sitefinity and Im going ot start on the licensed version and I was wondering if I could somehow use the templates I created in the community version in the new project. Also, I am going to be using the developer's databasen in my local box, but once I deploy the site to production, I will need to change to a database in production in another server. Is it possible to change the database that you set at the beggining of the project??

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi John,

There should not be a problem to use the templates that you have already created. For the database, please restore a backup on your production server and change the connection string in App_data/Sitefinity/Configuration/dataConfig.config file.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed