Trial Message??

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:07

Trial Message??

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

I recently bought a license for the Sitefinity Standard version.

I activated it by entering my telerik username and password in the Sitefinity backend.

Now I have finished my fist stage of development, and deployed it to one of our test servers, and while I am browsing the pages, every once in a while, a message comes up and tells me that I am using a trial version.

We do not currently have the URL for the production server. Our test server is just something our company uses with many virtual directories. It is a real-live site with a domain.

Is there any way around this "Trial Version" message without having to buy another license? Or do we just have to only register one domain for what will eventually be our production server?

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Network,

Thanko you for contacting Telerik SUpport.

Sitefinity will be displaying trial message under your development domain because this domain is not licensed.  There is no problem to continue your development under the development domain, but you will continue receiving a trial message every few clicks.

I can see that you have bought license for Sitefinity 4 Standard Editions but you have not associated it with a domain. When you decide which domain is going to be linked with your license make sure to go to Sitefinity License Management in your Sitefinity account and associate the license to the domain on which you will have your live site. Please make note that the license is valid for all subdomains and it is case sensitive.

I will be happy to assist you if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Telerik,
what if I plan to use sitefinity on an intranet, how should I assign a domain?
Thanks

Hello Paolo,

You should make sure to have all the necessary bindings and mappings in IIS so they address to your IP to the domain name of your choosing.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

ok, thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Telerik,
how can we handle the Trial Message if the production machine were we run the SF application is not in a real intranet, so does not have a domain that goes outside the internet? consider the machine names itself machine1 and the user access to it by doing http://machine1/SF/ or http://192.168.1.100/SF and not machine1.domain.net ... how can we register this?
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Paolo,

You should contact our sales team to provide you with special license key for your needs. Also please make sure to have all your bindings correctly because you might experience workflow issues if the service is not configured to your real ip address.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed