Transfer/Migrate a project/template from one server to anoth

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:46

Transfer/Migrate a project/template from one server to another

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Sitefinity Community!

I'm new in SF4 and I still have several questions in mind that needs solution. Some of these are:

How can I make a copy of the entire project I recently created (including templates, pages, and its contents) and upload it to another system(computer) particularly in a development server? I have been using a local server and don't have an idea on how to transfer all the project files (and database) I created to another server.

What are the tools I could use to transfer the project I worked with in order to save time. Do i need to simply copy the project folder and paste them inside the project folder of another computer? What about the pages and its contents?

Hope someone could give me a detailed guide on this.

Thanks alot! :)

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Jeniffer,

First you need to setup your server. This means making all the necessary configurations and mappings in IIS.
Also you need to create your database server ( export your db from your project and have it set up in MS SQL server ). Then you need to create the website folder in IIS and point it to where all your site files are. Also you need to make some changes in the web.config to match your current configuration.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Thanks a bunch. :)

This thread is closed