Sitefinity DMZ, Firewall and WCF

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:51

Sitefinity DMZ, Firewall and WCF

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

What we are trying to do!
Setup a Sitefinity 4.1 starter kit in the DMZ with a provider (link) to a web service (WCF) that is behind a firewall.  The WCF is linked to a SQL server.

Meaning: We need to show our bosses that SF will work in the dmz with a firewall and need to set up a test SF using the Education starter kit.

Question
What settings need to be changed/added/configured to Sitefinity to allow all CRUD commands to point to the web service (WCF).

Reference
I did find the following post, but did not know what file to edit or add.
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/sdk/consuming-sf-4-rest-service.aspx#1339427

Attached is a diagram of the system.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi Dean,

Sitefinity is not coming with web service providers by default. I am not quite sure that you will be able to achieve this easy. Basically Sitefinity use OpenAccess as abstraction over the database. We have abstraction over OpenAccess - DataProviders which  abstracts the way how the data is loaded. So basically what you have to do is to implement DataProviders for web services for every persistent type which you will use. As you can imagine this is not an easy task.

Are you sure that the  variant where  you have Proxy -> Firewall -> Sitefinity -> Database won't be suitable for you?  I mean to use a proxy  to redirect the calls to the Sitefinity and put a firewall between the proxy and the Sitefinity.

Greetings,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed