Says I'm running a trial of Sitefinity after Upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:25

Says I'm running a trial of Sitefinity after Upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I just upgraded the sitefinity version for one of customers, from 3.6.1936.3 to 3.7.2136.2:0, using the patch, and after replacing the webconfig, bin, and sitefinity folder etc, the site works fine, however every now and again it says 'You are running a trial version of Sitefinity'. I remember this was showing up for us when we upgraded our own site, but we fixed it by copying the 'LicenseFile.xml' file from our Sitefinity folder, however this customer does not have this file in that sitefinity folder, so not sure what to copy.

It was working fine before the upgrade, so perhaps the license is stored somewhere else?

Thanks,
Paul

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi Paul N,

The same license file should work properly. There is no difference if you use Sitefinity 3.2. 3.5 or 3.7. The way that we generate and check the license file is the same.  Please make sure that the key is inside Sitefinity folder. Take a look at this KB

www.sitefinity.com/.../you-are-running-a-trial-version-of-sitefinity.aspx

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed