Deploying over old static website

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:29

Deploying over old static website

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
I have an existing site on a webserver.  I need to install sitefinity onto that same webserver and build a new website.  Once the new sitefinity website is finished, I want to "flip the switch" from the old site to the old site.  My plan is to install sitefinity onto the server, create a separate site in IIS for the new site (with a temporary domain name so I can view it remotely), and develop the site.  Once it is time to change over, is it just a matter of deleting the old site in IIS and then editing the host name of the new site?  Or is more complex than that? 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan,

You can use just a subdomain of your existing website and host the other project there or create a  copy of the existing one.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Ivan!  Will there be any problem on the sitefinity side when I make the change and start using the production domain name instead of the subdomain?  In other words, is a Sitefinity project attached to a certain domain name, and if so, is it easy to change?

Hi Ryan,

The license is tided to the domain name, but it is valid for all subdomains, so there should not be an issue.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed