Deploying 4.1.195.0 - Pages.PageManager' threw an except

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:23

Deploying 4.1.195.0 - Pages.PageManager' threw an exception.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm having a deployment issue, can anyone help?

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager' threw an exception.

Source Error:

Line 25:                  <siteMap defaultProvider="SitefinitySiteMap">

Line 26:                           <providers>

Line 27:                                    <add name="SitefinitySiteMap" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap, Telerik.Sitefinity" taxonomyProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" pageTaxonomy="Pages" rootNode="FrontendSiteMap" pageProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider"/>

Line 28:                           </providers>

Line 29:                  </siteMap>

Regards,
Pat

Hello Pat,

Can you give me more details about the error where do you get it and what you did prior to getting the it? Also do you have any custom controls or templates which are throwing the exception? Is your project upgraded or you got the error on brand new installation?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

We had a build working in our staging environment (4.1.1339), but then Pat upgraded his local copy to 4.1.1395 to fix an issue to do with extending profiles and now when trying to deploy it to our staging environment it throws the exception immediately (any page).

Have upgraded the licence file as well, still no joy.

There are custom controls (4 of them), but all on different pages that we are not hitting, and all have exception handling, so I don't think the issue is there.

OK, have resolved the problem.

The issue was that even though the Project Manager had been upgraded to 4.1.1395, the VS project had not. Upgraded that and then re-deployed and it solved the issue.

Thanks for the help though

Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved. You can use the project manager to upgrade your websites thus ensuring that the process is done properly. If you encounter more issues and you need help do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi pat, can tell more detail on how to solve this problem?

I having same error when i trying to create a staging site in the same server of live site. The weird thing is there no error i use live database, the error only appear when use backup database that i duplicated.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Toh,

Can you make sure the copy of the database is the same version as the project files and the dlls in the bin folder are all correctly referencing to their local copies.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Now I know about this, thanks for sharing.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Now I know about this, thanks for sharing.

This thread is closed