IIS 7 and .NET 4 svc handler issue

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 05:12

IIS 7 and .NET 4 svc handler issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi All

Ran into an interesting problem that I could not find any doc's for.

This specifically related deploying Sitefinity 4.1.1395.0 to an IIS 7.5 server (Windows 2008 SP1). The issue was I would get 404 - Folder or File not found when i logged into the administration console and tried to access almost any function. The problem was specifically to do with handling of *.svc files. In the docs, it states that you need to add a http handler into the site for *.svc pointing to %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll. This did not work and the error persisted. What I found was if I changed the application pool to run in classic mode, it worked, but integrated mode it would not. So, my resolution I found was:

instead of adding a script manager handler in pointing to a file, I added a managed handler instead with:
Request Path: *.svc
Type: System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
Name: svc-Integrated-4.0

This seemed to resolve my issue. Just thought I would share as an option if anyone else has the same issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Michael,

Just wanted to thanks for sharing. Exactly the same problem and your solution does work fine.

Telerik guys could update their manuals I guess.

Cheers,
Max.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thanks also for sharing this.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thanks also for sharing this.

This thread is closed