Sitefinity 4 cmsentrypoint.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:23

Sitefinity 4 cmsentrypoint.aspx

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

We are using Sitefinity 4 as a child application inside of an existing Sitefinity 3.7 project and are having problems accessing the Sitefinity 4 homepage.  For example if we go to domain.com/Sitefinity4Site it is redirecting to the Sitefinity login page.  Once you login you are redirected to the page domain.com/.../cmsentrypoint.aspx which is then giving the error shown in the attached screen shot.   Also, if you are already logged into Sitefinity and try to go to domain.com/.../ you are redirected to the parent's homepage (which does not exist inside the child application).   The correct home page is 'set' inside the child application's page manager.

Any ideas on why this is happening?  If I browse directly to the full address of the home page, everything works as normal.

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Kevin,

Most probably the reason for this is the Asp.Net configuration inheritance - the configuration of the parent application is inherited in the child one. This comes from Asp.Net.Here is an article that describes how you could break the web.config inheritance - http://www.kowitz.net/archive/2007/05/16/stopping-asp-net-web-config-inheritance

As you can see you might need to use clear and remove tags as well.
Note: it is recommended that both the application are the same .NET version.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

HI Ivan,

Thank you for the reply.  By adding <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false"> I was able to get the child application working as expected, but I ran into a new problem in the parent application.  I now get the error message attached (RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration).  Why would adding the location information cause this to error for?  I also attached that portion of my web.config.

Thank you,
Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Kevin,

Try removing the WebResource handler mapping. Then restart the application, add it again together with DialogHandler

<add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" validate="false" />
<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" validate="false" />

You should also have the following lines in the 4.x based website.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

I am unable to deploy Sitefinity 4 on Window vista?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

Please make sure that you followed the installation and configuration steps. If you can provide some more specific details about "unable to deploy Sitefinity 4 on Window vista" we could try to figure out what the problem is.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed