Error Uploading Images

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:06

Error Uploading Images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have just created a new Sitefinity 4.1.150 web application, published it out to our external webserver (Windows 2008 r2, IIS 7.5), and tried to upload an image and I got an error

There was no endpoint listening at http://admin.arizonacharliesdecatur.com/DefaultWorkflows/AnyMediaContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

I have looked on the forums for a resolution for this error, but I haven't been able to find one.  This is a brand new, nothing added to it web application.  On this same server, I have another Sitefintiy website up and running (with no issues uploading images) at admin.arizonacharliesboulder.com.  The only difference between these two web apps is that the one that is working was built on 4.1.1395.0 and I upgraded it to 4.1.150.0 and the site I am having issues with was created as the newest version.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim

Hi Rushman,

Could you please check if you are able to publish or edit pages on your website? Can you try and setup the WorkflowBaseURL ( found in Settings -> Advanced - System - Service Paths ) to match the domain where your website is located ( for example http://mydomain.com )

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is what I have tried and was successful.
  1) I can create a new page
  2) I can create a new news item
  3) I can create a new blog
  4) I can create a new blog item
  5) I can upload a new image by using the Image control on a page

Here is what I have tried and was un-successful.
  1) Adding content to any page and publishing
  2) Adding content to any page and saving as draft (gives me popup about the draft already existing)
  3) Adding content to any news item and publishing
  4) Adding content to any news item and saving as draft (gives same popup as page)
  5) Adding content to any blog post and publishing
  6) Adding content to any blog post and saving as draft (gives same popup as page)
  7) Editing properties of uploaded image and publishing
  8) Editing properties of uploaded image and saving as draft (gives same popup message as error in first post)

As for the WorkflowBaseURL I cannot use that feature as the base address (arizonacharliesdecatur.com) is in production on the same server and any call to that address would be redirected (most likely) to that website.

Note: Right after I wrote that last sentence I tried putting the address into the settings textbox and doing a publish of an image. It gave me the same error message (no endpoint) which makes sense because the website is already up and running.

Thank you for your reply and I look forward to further help.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Rushman,

Thank you for providing the detailed information - it was helpful to get a better picture of your situation.

Can you open a support ticket and send me your project there ( codebase and database ) so I can install it locally and diagnose the problem.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Victor,

Here are the support ticket numbers for the 3 support tickets I had to create to upload the Database and the Codebase

Let me know what else I can do.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Rushman,

I was able to download review your project codebase but seems that the config files are not included except the Project Config. I will close the other two tickets and we can continue our communication in the third one.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2015 00:00

Was this problem ever resolved? We get the following and we don't seem to be finding any solutions online:

There was no endpoint listening at http://www.ourdomain.com/DefaultWorkflows/AnyMediaContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details​

Note:the domain in bold is what we added to the WorkflowBaseUrl setting in settings.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2015 00:00

Hi Jacques,

The issue may happen when you move the project to another environment and when in the new environment Sitefinity is not able to find where are the default workflows. So, the WorkflowBaseURL needs to be set to the domain of the website for example, so that Sitefinity can find the default workflow services.

After setting the WorkflowBaseUrl under Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> System -> ServicePaths you need to also make sure that the hosts file of your server has an entry binding your localhost IP to the domain that is used in the bindings section of IIS. Then please restart the application and open the project to verify if the issue persists. 

After setting the WorkflowBaseUrl and configuring the hosts files the publishing of pages should work properly.

You may also refer to the below KB article for more details about this issue and how to resolve it:

Pages cannot be published after installation

What I can also suggest to try on your end is to try to remove the value in the WorkflowBaseURL field, then please restart the application and run the project to test the behavior again.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed