No data access after deployment.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:35

No data access after deployment.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

I've set up a local install and it all works fine.

When I deploy that's when things don't work. I've restored my local database backup to my web host, and copied the files to the server. When I navigate to the site I get a "Thank you for visiting our web site." message and no content.

If I try to log into the administration part of the site it tells me my username and password is incorrect. I can see the failed password count go up in the database and am using the same password for the account.
It was suggested by my web host support that I needed to add my own MachineKey which I tried, but no difference.

Am out of ideas. If I can't actually deploy then it looks like Sitefinity isnt an option, which is a shame, it looked like what I was after.

thanks,
Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Stephen,

Please make sure that you have restored the correct backup and all files from App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder are moved.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed