Trailing Slash in URLs

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:52

Trailing Slash in URLs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I am trying to enable trailing slashing for all URLs in SF4. I see the reference within the documentation here http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/t_telerik_sitefinity_web_urlresolveoptions.html within the UrlResolveOptions but I do not know how to apply this specifically. Any pointers would be appreciated. 

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Benjamin,

You can use the IIS settings for that. It is first necessary to install the URL Rewrite module in IIS and then create a rule for adding or removing the trailing slash of site URLs.

I am attaching a screenshot that shows you the installed URL Rewrite in IIS as well as the option for enabling the trailing slash rewrite rule in your website.

We have a small issue related to enabling both lower case letters and trailing slash that we have included in our PITS system. You can keep up to date with its resolution at this address. I have raised the business priority of this ticket so that we can resolve it as soon as possible as it is important for SEO purposes.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

The only problem with this approach is that it puts your site in a constant state of redirecting. This is not good for SEO. Is there anyway to append the "/" on the url through the navigation control? e.g. rad control or radpanelbar.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Benjamin,

Currently we are not supporting this from the navigation control. We will try to resolve the issue we have marked in our system that should support your scenario.

Until then please excuse us for the inconvenience, and please let me know whether there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Hristo
Is appending the trailing slash going to be an option for urls generated by Sitefinity? Is this part of the fix for the issue you mentioned above?
Thanks
Ryan

This thread is closed