Sitefinity 4.1 Performance Issue. Page size is too big aroun

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:50

Sitefinity 4.1 Performance Issue. Page size is too big around 1MB

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

We are using Sitefinity 4.1,When we deployed our application on the server the page size is too big.

When we notice the sequence of web request in firebug, A certain web request for Ajax java script file loading a huge java script file. We are not using any Ajax controls in our website.

I don't want to load this java script file (of size 800KB). How can I achieve it?

Please any one answer me.

Thanks
Venkat

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Venkat,

If you are truly not using any ajax control or Telerik RadControl you can turn off the inclusion of the RadScriptManager by going to the page advanced options (see the attached image).
Have in mind that even if you have unselected this checkbox but you still have control(s) that requires a script manager (a script control) the RadScriptManager will be included in the page and the Telerik.Web.UI script will be loaded. An example of the case is the scenario in which while browsing the page you are logged as a backed user with sufficient rights to edit a page. This means that you have browse and edit enabled on the page you are viewing. The interface for the browse and edit includes RadControls and therefore you will see this script being loaded no matter what you have on the page or whether you have enabled the RadScriptManager or not.

All the best,
Momchil Mitev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed