Error message after deploying to WinHost

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 03:45

Error message after deploying to WinHost

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2011 00:00

I just attempted to deploy my Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 site to WinHost. 

Immediately after deploying my site to WinHost, I receive the following error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_3e07facb7bf0479db42334d98941b1f3.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +197
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1250
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +297
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager..ctor() +12

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +80
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +171
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +261
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +238
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +115
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +431
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +194
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +339
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +253

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8950644
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

I had earlier deployed Sitefinity v. 3.7 SP4 on WinHost with no issues whatsoever.  Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 works fine on my local development machine, however, it begins throwing this error message as soon I have deployed it to my hosting provider--WinHost.

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

Please make sure your hosting provider fulfills all system requirements of Sitefinity which can be found in our documentation. Also check whether the project has all dlls in the bin folder and reference to them. This error might occur if you have rebuild the project which removes the dlls from the bin folder.

As I read from your other ticket, your shared hosting company does not support Sitefinity 4.x due to the fact that they cannot provide enough memory for the Application Pool on which Sitefinity is hosted. I would like to advise you to use check our shared hosting partners page, where you can find all shared hosting companies which fully support Sitefinity 4.x.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

I was able to successfully deploy on WinHost by adding this element to my system.web element:

<trust level="Full" />

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tkscy493.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

Glad to hear you have deployed your site successfully. This information will be indeed helpful to those who fall in your situation.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed