Unable to deploy on WinHost

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 04:31

Unable to deploy on WinHost

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2011 00:00

I just questioned my hosting provider as to whether or not they support Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 and this is the reply they gave me:

Yes, Winhost does support Full Trust, however, we do not support Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 because of the heavy resource consumption of memory that it requires.

Therefore, does that mean I have to revert to Sitefinity v. 3.7 or do I have to completely switch over my choice of CMS over to another product such as Orchard CMS or Kentico CMS in order to be able to deploy on my current hosting provider?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

I have answered you in the other support thread you have opened. Can we keep the communication in one thread so the information is not scattered around.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello-

I tried Winhost and had the same issue.  I moved to Arvixe and haven't had any issues with Sitefinity 4 on their environment.  Most hosting providers that I looked into had limitations that either restricted the app pool or restricted your trust level and Arvixe does not.  I've been there since April and have had no issues and would recommend their services.

I am a developer and understand hosting so I have not needed their support but I did contact them with some questions and they were very prompt in responding to my inquiries.

-Thomas

I was finally able to deploy Sitefinity v. 4.1 on WinHost by adding the <trust level="Full"> element to my Web.config file.

Samir-

That sounds great!  Does your application restart frequently due to memory requirements?  That was the big issue I had while running on WinHost.

-Thomas

This thread is closed