Error: Your login attempt was not successful. Please try aga

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:13

Error: Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

I migrated Sitefinity from one server to another and I am getting the following error when logging in to the admin panel.

Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

I've added Modify permissions to the application user for the site and the application is still failing to log in.

What exactly goes on when Sitefinity checks a password against the hash and salt in the database? The hash and salt have not changed after comparing them to the old database.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Honey,

This is indeed a strange issue. If the databases are the same on both servers the problem is possibly coming from some other place. Can you please compare the setup of your live environment and your local machine - verify you have all folder access permissions properly set. Also please try to clear your browser cache ( or try another browser ).

You can also try to set the password format to 0, remove the salt and type custom password for your admin account ( this can be applied to the sf_users table ) and try to login again.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed