Which permissions are required on SQL Server

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:40

Which permissions are required on SQL Server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

I want to deploy the Sitefinity database on a SQL Server instance. Which permissions are at least required for the account which will access the database? I can't find it anywhere in the documentation. Is db_datareader, db_datawriter and db_ddladmin enought?

Thanks, Jaap

Hi Jaap,

You need db_owner if you are going to create the database though the Project Manager. Also, when using Forms additional tables are created into the database, so you will need permission for this.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

After some tests, it seems to be enough to have the roles I mentioned (when having an exiting database). I can create e.g. a new product type in the ECommerce module. This will create a new table fine.

Thanks, Jaap

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Is this still accurate for sitefinity 5.x?  I need to get the permissions corrected on the web accounts so I can do the 5.0 to 5.1 upgrades without errors and my DBAs keep trying to fix it with lesser permissions so an authoritative answer would save some time.

This thread is closed