Enterprise Library Instrumentation - Caching Performance Cou

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:00

Enterprise Library Instrumentation - Caching Performance Counters

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2011 00:00

How can I enable enterprise library instrumentation in Sitefinity 4.2? I am trying to perform some performance tuning on a new site and need access to performance counter data for caching.

I have tried running the enterprise library 5 configuration wizard but did not see any performance counter instances appear.

Thanks,
Jason Chester

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Jason,

Currently we do not have counters in our code. We are working on this and they will be available with the next release, but we use custom counters that you can use with Performance Monitor tool of Windows OS.

If you have a custom code and you have implemented counters correctly there is no reason not to see them in the enterprise lilibrary wizard.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

I am glad to hear that Telerik is investigating in improving the managability of Sitefinity through custom instrumentation. However i do not think you understood my original question.

The enterprise library has counters OUT of the box for many of it's application blocks including caching. These are easy to enable when using the microsoft distribution of the enterprise linbrary.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff664745(v=PandP.50).aspx

Since these counters are already built in to the application blocks, it should not require any additional coding to enable them, just the right configuration.

Can you at least tell me what version of the enterprise library is included with Sitefinity 4.2 SP1?

I can see it is compiled in to the telerik.sitefinity.utilities.dll however I do not know what version they included code is based on.

Thanks,
Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Jason,

We use Microsoft EnterpriseLibrary 5.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ff632023.aspx

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed