Manually Installing License File (4.x)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:56

Manually Installing License File (4.x)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2011 00:00

I am posting here in case somebody has had as many problems as I have had trying to get a license file working after I upload a valid license file to App_Data/Sitefinity folder.  The resolution to my problem was to click on the "Refresh" link in the Sitefinity Management console after uploading the new license (See Attached).  This little nugget of info is not the easiest to find and we just happend to stumble across it.  Hopefully this post will save others a bit of time.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi John,

Thank you for the comment.
Could you please share with us some more details  - to improve it we need to know where did you expect to see such information?

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Antoaneta,
I would expect to see it in the licensing documentation (the little documentation I did find was more geared toward inital licensing activation and not renewals or file updates) and a little more prominant in the UI (a link at the bottom of the page is nice, but I would have liked to have seen a Refresh button on the licensing screen).  I am willing to bet that most people manually install their license file for license upgrades etc and not the licensing activation wizard.  Also, after searching the Forum's for a couple of days, I never did find anything about license refreshing.  Submitting a support ticket was also of no help as I didn't get an answer there either, a collegue ended up stumbling across the solution that finally fixed us.  Did you need any other info?

Hi John,

Thank you so much for this clarification, it was very helpful.
I will add a task for our UX team to include the Refresh link in the licensing screen and will also send a request to our Documentation team to include it in the documentation.

1000 Telerik points are added to your account.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed