Sitefinity 4.3 Deployment Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:36

Sitefinity 4.3 Deployment Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,
I'm getting crazy with Sitefinity deployment. I came across Arvixe (after loss a lot of time with DiscountASP.Net and then with WinHost)  after seeing the tutorial here.
I've followed exactly all described steps in the video but after validating my license (Standard) website open without pages! When I try to login to administration backend, it give me a username/password invalid!

Now just for a try I've publish the solution to a temporary directory of my dev machine, I've fired up my local IIS 7 (win7) and created a web application pointing to that folder. I've set for IIS the permission to read/write and than launched SiteFinity.
Exactly the same behavior of the shared hosting! it ask for the license activation, then show a blank 'under costruction page'.
At same time if I run the web site with Sitefinity manager everything works fine (same SQLServer database).

Please help me, after a week of hard work, after 3 hosting providers I'm still unable to deploy my web site, I'm really out of ideas!!

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Adolfo,

If you are trying to deploy your website to Arvixe, please make sure to check their blog about Sitefinity deployment:

http://blog.arvixe.com/using-telerik-sitefinity-with-arvixe-shared-plans/

as well as our documentation on that matter:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/installation-and-administration-guide/deploying-sitefinity/deploying-sitefinity-projects-to-shared-hosting.aspx

About the problem you experience on your dev machine: have properly configured the the connection string so that it matches your configuration? Please make sure that the SQL user has enough permissions and the schema owner is dbo.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed