Upgrade Test Only

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:59

Upgrade Test Only

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

Good Afternoon,

We currently have two sites setup with Sitefinity. We would like to know if it is possible to upgrade ONLY "Test" to the latest version, leaving the Production site for another day.

Both sites are running on the same server, and the DBs are on another server.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

If your test website is not connected to the same database as production server, there wouldn't be an issue to upgrade it.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

We have Sitefinity 3.7 installed using 2 servers. 1 SQL 2005 DB Server and a Web Server.

On the SQL server there are 2 databases, one for Prod and one for Test. They are both connected to the same web server which just has Sitefinity 3.7 installed, with 2 sites defined.

Would there be an issue with upgrading test in this scenario?

Thanks,

Darryl St. Pierre,

I'm assuming that your IIS setup is one site for "Testing" and the other for "Production" and that each has a database independent of the other. If that's the case then, as Ivan stated previously, you shouldn't run into any issues. The fact that they share the same actual servers is fine.

Yes, that is correct.

However I was concerned as I only see one install of Sitefinity 3.7 (C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 3.7), but there are 2 sites. I want to ensure that only the test site gets the upgrade and that the production site remains on the current version.
If this is the case are their special upgrade instructions or just run the installer?
Thanks,

Darryl St. Pierre,

Although not required, you can install the Product Manager to see the additional directories.

For help Migrating your Sitefinity 3.7 project, there are instructions. The Manual setup seems to be what you're going to be doing.

Hope that helps!

I think I placed this into the wrong forum thread. We wish to stay on 3.7, just upgrading to the latest release of 3.7.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

Then, you can follow upgrade instructions for 3.x editions.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed