How to backup the database or where do i find it?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:45

How to backup the database or where do i find it?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2011 00:00

Hey,
i have a SqlServer 2008 R2 (not express) and a running Sitefinity 4.4 Site on my localhost.
The connection string in DataConfig.config is that:
<add connectionString="data source=localhost;Integrated Security=SSPI" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" dbType="MsSql" name="Sitefinity" />

Now, i feel like kind of stupid, couse i don't find the data base on my Computer. Not in
\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\
and not anywhere. If i open the SqlManagementStudio i see all my DBs but no Sitefinity. If i search my whole hard disk for Sitefinity.mdf there is nothing, too.

Where do i have to look? Weird...
Thanks for your help.

Hi Martin,

Your connection string is incomplete. You need to specify "initial catalog=databasename". How did you end up with such a connection string? During the process of creating a blank Sitefinity project you are prompted to enter database name and this name should be appended in the connection string.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

well, it is my first sitefinity installation. I may correct the connection string, but still, where is my db ?? :)

Ok, thank you for your hint. So, i found the sitefinity tables in the master data base, just didn't have a look there. I thought in my connection String the name=Sitefinity would tell the db-name.

Thanks anyway, the issue is solved.

This thread is closed