Unable to find the requested .Net Framework - Create a new p

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:20

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework - Create a new project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi All,
I'm stuck on Sitefinity Project Manager.  I'm running on version 4.4.2117.0, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 (10.50.1600.1) 64 bits. 

I defined a new project and when I click on "browse" button, the project initialization is launched, then I entered Database Information along with credentials, and when i click "Next" then I got an exception (showed below).

What .Net Version is sitefinity project waiting on server?  So far, I have a Sitefinity Project up and running on version 4..4.2117.0, so that's makes me feel .Net Framework is installed.

Any ideas?

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.]
   System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +290
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.DatabasePane.CreateChildControls() +2013
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeControl.get_Controls() 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Carlos,

Is your other project on the same server as the one that you're trying to create. Also, is your database on the same SQL? Have you modified your server somehow or your server configurations. Have you registered a new data provider? The one that Sitefinity uses in System.Data.SqlClient. You get the error message, because Sitefinity expects .Net 4.0 Framework, but since you have another working project, that means  you have this version installed already. The problems must be in the configuration changes made after installation. Have you by change modified the machine.config? Try restarting and creating a new project and let us know what happens.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,
Thanks for your reply.  I double check our server and .net framework 4.0 is installed and as you mentioned it shouldn't be an issue since I've a sitefinity project up and running on same server.  I deleted and restarted a new project from scratch, and I get the startup page from where one can enter the SQL server name and credentials, but as soon as I click on next button the page end up with this .Net Provider issue, as you notice I'm not changing config files and machine.config file has never changed.

Please let me know what information do you want me to attach for revision.
-Carlos.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

The problem is caused by the general .NET configurations. Can you try creating the project on another server and see if the problem reproduces?

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,
Same issue reproduced on a different server.  What .Net configuration do you want me to check?
Carlos.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Carlos,

The problem seems really unusual. Since we can't reproduce it here for now, we will need some time to investigate what might be causing it.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello Carlos,

This seems to be a problem with Visual Studio and there has been a lot of people with the same issue on the internet. I have prepared a google search for your convenience. I would suggest to start with this one because it seems that this is the most common solution. I will try and elaborate on it.

Go to \Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\vXXXX\Config and locate the machine.config file. Go through it and locate the following lines:

<system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
        <add name="Odbc Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.Odbc" ... />
        <add name="OleDb Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.OleDb" ... />
        <add name="OracleClient Data Provider" invariant="System.Data ... />
        <add name="SqlClient Data Provider" invariant="System.Data ... />
        <add name="IBM DB2 for i .NET Provider" invariant="IBM.Data ... />
        <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider" ... />   
    </DbProviderFactories>

<DbProviderFactories/>  //remove this one!
</system.data>
Note the marked line and if it exists remove it from the .config file. Just in case go through the other framework versions' machine files and search if this line appears anywhere. If you are running a 64 bit windows do this in the Framework(64) folder as well. 

After you are sure that this line is not present in any of the machine.config files restart Visual Studio and try run the project again. If the problem is still present try restarting your system and run the project to see if there is any change. 

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2014 00:00

Same problem after upgrading to Telerik Data Access Q2 2014. This fixe works.

This thread is closed