Import a Project issue- "The system is restarting...Ple

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:40

Import a Project issue- "The system is restarting...Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically."

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I want to set up Sitefinity Application.
I have received databse and code from client.
I have restored database.
Did "Import a Project" from Sitefinity Manager.
Changed web.confiig and "App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\DataConfig.config" file with correct Database credentials.
Now I am trying to "Browse"/"Go to Administrator" page, but getting a page saying ""The system is restarting...Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically."
Can you please let me know what can be the issue?
Am I missing any step/configuration?

Thanks,
Bhushan

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

My Application is running fine now but Admin is giving error like "The resource cannot be found.".
Please let me know whats the issue and solution.

Bhushan

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Bhushan,

Please make sure all folder permissions are correctly set over the App_Data folder. Also I would like to suggest to try open the project in Visual Studio and run it from there. If the site is running flawlessly on another server, you should not be having any problems running it locally, unless there are custom configurations which are being used. Verify that all permissions are correctly set ( if possible do not setup a project on your desktop ) for the project as well as for the user you are using to log in.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

I am having the same issue as the original poster.

I followed the steps he outlined above and I am just getting "The System is restarting" message.

I opened the project in Visual Web Developer and attempted to run it from there but I get the same result.

I have verified that the DB connection string is correct and works. (tested it in a non-sitefinity app and verified I could connect.

This site works fine at my customer, but I cannot get it running locally so I can do any development.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Noah,

I recall there are some compatibility issues with the that version of Visual Studio as it was pretty limited. Can you try running the project from a Visual Studio instance or IIS to verify whether the behaviour would be reproduced?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

I also got the same error message and i was running through the Visual Studio .My sql connection is correct as well.
Kindly advise.
Virtual world

This thread is closed