Moving Sitefinity from Server 2008 x86 to 2008 R2

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:38

Moving Sitefinity from Server 2008 x86 to 2008 R2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

I have a server which I host and the user is running Sitefinity although I am unsure of the version. I moved all of the server data , SQL DB's and IIS content to the new server. I thought I had everything up and running but when the user logs into the new site and tries to edit a page (any page) the page shows no content of something along those lines.

The only difference I could notice is the old server main site is running on Classic .Net AppPool V2 and the new site is running on ASP .Net v4 Classic.
There is also a virtual directory which is Sitefinity and on the old server its ASP .Net v4 Integrated and on the new server its running on ASP .Net v4 Classic.

If I try changing these to match the old server the sites wont load. I dont know if this even matters for the backend issue the user is getting or if anyone has a check list of things I should have done while moving the sites I would appreciate it.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

This is my checklist:
1 - Create a .bak file of the database (Mode: Full)
2 - Restore it onto the new box,
3 - Create a new Website on the new IIS7
  - Configure the Application Pool,
  - The access rights,
  - The .NET framework
  - Basically go through Gabe Sumner's video on deployment (telerik.tv)
4 - Change the Connection String to pint to the new SQL Server

That's all from the top of my head.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello David,

Andrei provided a pretty good list of the things you should do when deploying. You can also find useful information on this matter in our Administration and Installation guide:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/deployment 

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed