Prepare Template Package for Clients?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:05

Prepare Template Package for Clients?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2012 00:00

I am looking to configure a "Base" configuration of Sitefinity to use for new clients.  Instead of having to configure each client's site over and over, does Sitefinity support me setting up a base configuration that I can more quickly prepare for new clients?  I would much rather only have to make the changes specific to the client and not have to configure the common portions over and over.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Usually this is not a good practice, but for some of the settings you can copy/paste the Config files from one project to another. This, however, won't work for all the configurations and for some can even cause the project to fail runtime (Data.Config, Security.Config). However, there is no official support for such common settings. The only similar out-of-the-box feature is the site-sync, but it is more connected to the data, than to the configurations:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/syncing-of-data 

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed