Urgent Help Needed: deploying to web server results in Parse

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:24

Urgent Help Needed: deploying to web server results in Parser Error: ResourceDataProvider cannot be constructed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Where to start.  I'm attempting to deploy my SF project from my development to a local web server.  I'm running into a number of issues using Visual Studio's  Publish functionality (right click solution name in solution explorer and select "Publish..." from context menu).  Initially, it appeared that VS was ignoring a number of dlls in the bin folder.  One of which (Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll) was causing Sitefinity skin exceptions.  Not all that surprising since these weren't referenced assemblies. Specifically:

Interop.DexterLib.dll
Microsoft.Http.Extensions.dll
mysql.data.dll
Telerik.Licensing.dll
Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll

I manually copied over the files and was at least able to enter my license key info and get past the license confirmation screen.

The joy ends there.  I'm immediately greeted with the following exception:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.OrdersResources", name = "OrdersResources".
Exception occurred while: while resolving.
Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The type ResourceDataProvider cannot be constructed. You must configure the container to supply this value.
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.OrdersResources,OrdersResources
Resolving parameter "dataProvider" of constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.OrdersResources(Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Data.ResourceDataProvider dataProvider)
Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Data.ResourceDataProvider,(none)

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: /SFPageService/FAEF5FFD-8631-44B0-B1CF-A1FE8B4A9B02_36_NLG Default Theme.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

When I try to access the backend the dashboard main menu is all messed up (see attached image) with the following:
"Invalid resource:NewslettersResources.PageGroupNodeTitle" where the "Email Campaigns" menu item should be
"Invalid resource:EcommerceResources.EcommerceNodeTitle" where the "Ecommerce" menu item should be
"Invalid resource:AnalyticsResources.AnalyticsTitle" where the "Analytics" menu item should be

As you might guess everyting is fine on my development machine.  Not sure what to try at this point.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Of course we're supposed to go live on Monday at 00:00.

Thanks -- Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Looks like most of this was the result of missing folder permissions for the app pool.  Granting the app pool approproate permissions to the root and App_Data folder seems to have done the trick.

--Steve

This thread is closed