Error in 4.4 version

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:46

Error in 4.4 version

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Admin,

I have got source code for one site from client which is in Sitefinity 4.4 version. All pages are working file except "Contact Us" form and "Newsletter" form. These pages are giving errors like below.

<b>"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"</b><i></i>

I have copied code and imported using Sitefinity Manager.
Changed DB config files.
Initially we have got this site's code for version 4.2. Now client have upgraded it to 4.4.
Client just asked me set up.
Previously in 4.2 above pages were working fine.
Please help me to sort this out.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

The reason of the problem might be that you reference to another module/control  that has been built using the old .dll files. The controls must be placed in those pages that throw the error. 

First of all you should delete the references of your controls / modules /  and add the new ones from the bin folder of your SitefinityWebApp project. After that you have to build your custom modules / or controls /,  delete the old references from theSitefinityWebApp project and add the newly built dlls of your updated modules and controls. Finally you have to build the entire solution and the problem should be fixed.

Kind regards,

Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed