When does database get updated during an upgrade?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:29

When does database get updated during an upgrade?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00

Scenario
I upgraded our site from 4.4 to 5.0 & copied our production database to our development server. Thus the upgrade was performed against our development database. After several days of testing I am now ready to deploy to production.

My problem
When I ran the upgrade and did all of the testing it was pointing to our development database. I can no longer copy the development database to production because after 3 days of testing they are out synch. If I copy the upgraded 5.0 site to our production server, can I simply modify the data config file and point it to the production Sitefinity 4.4 database? Will it safely & automatically upgrade the database to 5.0? Eventhough I upgraded the Sitefinity files 3 days ago and have been running it against the development database since then?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello David,

If you have ensured that the upgrade process was correctly performed and the development copy of your project is running flawlessly, I would suggest you to copy and replace the contents of the bin folder of your 4.4 project with the contents of a bin folder of a brand new 5.0 project. By copying the 5.0 dlls over the 4.4 dlls, the upgrade scripts will be executed which eventually will upgrade your configuration files and the database.

Please note that you need to restart the application ( by making a dummy change to the web.config ) after you replace the dlls.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

You're making it way too easy ;)

This thread is closed