User does not have permission to perform this action.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:55

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

i'm trying to move my project to my local iis, using sql express, i'm add the pool application and a site but i get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: User does not have permission to perform this action.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SQLException: User does not have permission to perform this action.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps, ConnectionPoolType poolType, LogEventStore pes) +1551
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.sql.SqlDriver.InitializeFor(ConnectionString connectionString, Boolean noConnect, PropertySet props, DBDriver& driver, Connection& conn, ConnectionPoolType poolType) +387

[DataStoreException: User does not have permission to perform this action. Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: User does not have permission to perform this action.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps, ConnectionPoolType poolType, LogEventStore pes)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.sql.SqlDriver.InitializeFor(ConnectionString connectionString, Boolean noConnect, PropertySet props, DBDriver& driver, Connection& conn, ConnectionPoolType poolType)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_b01d052ed26542698618ef3c6452354b.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +405
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1976
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +74
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +526

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +117
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +247
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +88
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +232
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +307
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +386
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +116
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +575
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +352
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +407
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +375

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11700976
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4869205

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

and this is my connection: 

<connectionStrings>
    <remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
    <add connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=False;User ID=***;Password=***;initial catalog=sitefinity; providerName=System.Data.SqlClient;" name="Sitefinity" />
</connectionStrings>

please help!

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2012 00:00

My mistake,
I was editing this file:
~\web.config
but the connection is in this file:
~\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\DataConfig.config
and the connection:

<connectionStrings>
    <add connectionString="Server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Database=sitefinity;User ID=***;Password=***" name="Sitefinity" />
</connectionStrings>

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for using our service!

The error you get is general SQL error, often thrown if your SQL server account lacks some permissions which are required by specific operations. Depending on how you have set up your IIS application pool, you need to allow permissions to create and modify tables. By default, you should allow these permissions to Network Service account. Make sure that your web user (NEWORK SERVICE) has full permissions (Create/Edit) over the database.

Here is a link to the article that explains how to do that (search for SQL SERVER section): 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647402.aspx

Please do not hesitate to let me know if any further questions occur, or you need any additional information. I'll be glad to help you.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed